deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From "Arvind Creatrix IT Soft" <arv...@creatrixitsoft.com>
Subject Re: Beginner at deltacloud/ruby- how to configure + Deploy DeltaCloud API to work under a domain
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 23:19:27 GMT
Hi

Thanks for your reply

Please clarify the following for me--
I thought Delta Cloud provides an API? How will I access the API if I cant
access that API over a specific domain(in which delta cloud is deployed)?

Or, do I have to deploy DeltaCloud as you have said, and then use the client
library in the same machine (on which delta cloud is installed)-- in which
ever application I want to use Delta Cloud in?

Please clarify the above for me.

Yours sincerely,
Arvind,
Creatrix IT Soft.
-----Original Message-----
From: Francesco Vollero
Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:40 AM
To: dev@deltacloud.apache.org
Subject: Re: Beginner at deltacloud/ruby- how to configure + Deploy
DeltaCloud API to work under a domain

Il 4/1/13 11:49 PM, Arvind Creatrix IT Soft ha scritto:
> Hello all,
Howdy!

> I wish to deploy Delta Cloud and use it via its API.
Amazing!!
> I want to use its API via a specific domain, in a server where I am using
> a hosting control panel to deploy multiple domains/websites.
>
> Can anyone let me know how to configure and deploy DEltacloud so that it
> works under one such domain? For any of the popular control panels- like
> CPanel/Plesk/Webmin?
> So that some domains have their existing websites/php apps while one new
> domain is used to access Deltacloud API?

Well, deploy deltacloud itself is really easy, what you need to do is to
install it following this procedure:
deltacloud.apache.org/install-deltacloud.html

You would need a shell to the machine to install this ruby application.
Well, you should not worry about it, because deltacloud run iteself on
127.0.0.1 that mean localhost, so is not accessible from the outside and
moreover we don't store any credentials so you should be safe for that
as well :)
> Another query- in the above scenario, how do I deploy updates to
> DeltaCloud?
Well, since it's distributed as gem for ruby you can run gem update
deltacloud if you're not using a pre packaged version (Fedora or RHEL).
> Yours sincerely,
> Arvind.
Cheers and thanks for contact us,
-FV