deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From "Arvind Creatrix IT Soft" <arv...@creatrixitsoft.com>
Subject Re: Beginner at deltacloud/ruby- how to configure + Deploy DeltaCloud API to work under a domain
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 00:11:26 GMT
Hello again

OK, the cloud credentials are needed- but how do I prevent abuse of the
server running Delta Cloud itself? (for eg meaningless calls to the
deltacloud server which have random values for cloud credentials-- these
will still cause the server to do some processing, right-- how do I prevent
this? Or do you mean that whenever a client library invokes delta cloud-->
it has to furnish an SSL certificate? So that only authorised requests are
actually processed by the Delta Cloud Server?

I found out about Delta Cloud as I was looking for a cross cloud
provisioning library-- and Delta Cloud fits the bill because it can be
accessed from multiple languages.

Yours sincerely,
Arvind,
Creatrix IT Soft.

-----Original Message-----
From: Francesco Vollero
Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:32 AM
To: dev@deltacloud.apache.org
Subject: Re: Beginner at deltacloud/ruby- how to configure + Deploy
DeltaCloud API to work under a domain

Il 4/2/13 1:57 AM, Arvind Creatrix IT Soft ha scritto:
> Hello again Francesco,
>
> Thanks for the prompt reply-- so DeltaCloud is not a regular 'web-app'
> which is accessed by going to a specific domain name?
Well, it's a ruby Rest API so, you can bind to a specific domain, also
you can put behind apache mod_proxy or nginx as you wish.
> In that case, does it have any authentication/security built in? So that
> no one can abuse the server running Delta Cloud?

Yes. To keep things secure, deltacloud support ssl encryption and for
the credentials, you don't have to worry because without the credentials
for your cloud providers nobody can abuse of your cloud machines.

Anyway, I would like to ask you a question, where you heard of us?

Cheers,
-FV