deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Fojtik <mfoj...@redhat.com>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Deltacloud API on Github
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:22:56 GMT
Hi,

As many of you already know, we decided to switch using Github over the
Tracker app. If you are already familiar with Github interface and
workflow, you can stop reading now and for the repo[1] :-)

It also means that you can send a pull request and it will get reviewed
on Github instead of sending patch to the mailing list.
Also we still accept patches sent to mailing list or attached to JIRA
tickets.

If you are not familiar with Github workflow and you want to use Github
to contribute to Deltacloud API, we have setup a small 'guide' on Github
Wiki[2]:

https://github.com/deltacloud/deltacloud-core/wiki/GIT-Workflow

Many useful resources can be also found on the official Github help page[3].

Reasons why we decide to support Github:

* It is kind of natural eco-system for many Ruby projects
* Pull requests provide easy way to do patch reviews
* Pull requests are connected to Travis so all patches are tested
* Easier to apply huge patch sets :)

NOTE:

We changed the repo name from 'core' to 'deltacloud-core' today, this
change was discussed on community call and also here, so if you happen
to use the old repo name, update your .git/config file to point to
current repo[1].

Cheers,
   Michal

[1] https://github.com/deltacloud/deltacloud-core