deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Vollero <razor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thread safety problems with Deltacloud
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 13:40:38 GMT
Il 4/22/13 3:32 PM, Joseph VLcek ha scritto:
> On Apr 18, 2013, at 7:15 AM, Michal Fojtik wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I recently discovered an interesting bug, that occurs when you do a lot of parallel
requests to Deltacloud API.

>> Let say you start Deltacloud API with the 'mock' driver as default driver. Then you
do 3 parallel requests to retrieve RHEV-M images, realms and hardware_profiles. In that case
I get this error:

>> <snip>
[snip]

> Hey Michal,
>
> As I mentioned in IRC last week the research I did seems to indicate the solution you
present here
> is the right way to go.
>
> This describes the problem you found:
> http://betterlogic.com/roger/2008/10/rubys-require-is-not-thread-safe/
>
> This describes the Ruby threading and seems to support your proposed solution of using
Thread.exclusive.
> http://cs.calvin.edu/curriculum/cs/214/adams/labs/11/ruby/
>

> So it seems your solution is the correct way to go.

thanks Joe for give us those links.
At the moment I am trying to test when is happening giving more load to
the various instances.
In this way we will be able to actually pin point what/when/why is
happening in a clear way.

-FV