deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Fojtik <mfoj...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Bikeshedding: rename the repository on github from core to deltacloud
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 12:32:05 GMT
On 04/19/2013 11:05 AM, Tomas Sedovic wrote:
> On 04/19/2013 08:57 AM, Michal Fojtik wrote:
>> On 04/18/2013 09:51 PM, Joseph VLcek wrote:
>>
>> Tomas, thanks for this sum up, I tried to think more about all this and
>> I agree with Joe as result ;-)
>>
>> I think we can have 'deltacloud' in repo name, for all reasons you
>> pointed out. Since we haven't made any official announcement to mailing
>> list yes (just the community call), I think there is still some time to
>> change the name. Also changing name, will not destroy the history for
>> the project (closed pull requests, etc..)
>>
>> But as Joe mentioned, I would prefer deltacloud-core for various reason.
>> One reason is that 'deltacloud' organization on Github could be an
>> umbrella for the upcoming 'deltacloud-lib' (and other demo-ware/projects
>> (deltacloud-workers, etc...)), so I think instead of just 'deltacloud',
>> we should call it 'deltacloud-core' (which is the official gem name
>> anyway...).
>>
>> So +1 to rename, but I would prefer 'deltacloud-core' as the new name.
>
> Sounds good to me.
>
> Does that mean the ruby client library will split off to its own
> codebase? What about the other libs in deltacloud/clients?

No, the ruby client and basically everything we have in 'core'
repository will stay there. The other libs, like python or java could be
probably 'extracted' and then can live in GitHub organization if that is
more convenient for contributors.

--

Michal Fojtik <mfojtik@redhat.com>
Deltacloud API, CloudForms