deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Fojtik <mfoj...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Bikeshedding: rename the repository on github from core to deltacloud
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 06:57:17 GMT
On 04/18/2013 09:51 PM, Joseph VLcek wrote:

Tomas, thanks for this sum up, I tried to think more about all this and
I agree with Joe as result ;-)

I think we can have 'deltacloud' in repo name, for all reasons you
pointed out. Since we haven't made any official announcement to mailing
list yes (just the community call), I think there is still some time to
change the name. Also changing name, will not destroy the history for
the project (closed pull requests, etc..)

But as Joe mentioned, I would prefer deltacloud-core for various reason.
One reason is that 'deltacloud' organization on Github could be an
umbrella for the upcoming 'deltacloud-lib' (and other demo-ware/projects
(deltacloud-workers, etc...)), so I think instead of just 'deltacloud',
we should call it 'deltacloud-core' (which is the official gem name
anyway...).

So +1 to rename, but I would prefer 'deltacloud-core' as the new name.

PS: We can still keep 'core' repo that will link to 'deltacloud-core',
so if somebody watch the community call, he will be pointed out to the
'right' repository.

   -- Michal

--

Michal Fojtik <mfojtik@redhat.com>