deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From jvlcek <jvl...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Wish to contribute to Delta Cloud project-How I do proceed further
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 12:57:11 GMT
On 04/08/2013 02:43 AM, marios@redhat.com wrote:
> Hi Arvind:
>
> On 07/04/13 16:00, Arvind Creatrix IT Soft wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I dont know if this is the right place to ask—I signed and sent the Apache ICLA
agreement to the Secretary of the Apache Foundation. (This is as specified in the How to Contribute
Section of the Delta Cloud)
> great - thanks for doing that. You are all set to contribute now, you
> don't need to contact the PMC of the project or do anything further. I
> just checked the list of apache contributors with signed CLA at [1] and
> can see your name there.
>
>> Now how do I proceed further? How do I get access to the deltacloud project. The
Secretary of the Apache Foundation asked me to contact the PMI of the Delta Cloud project—I
dont know that also.
> Not sure what you mean by 'access' - there's info on how to grab the
> source at [2]. Is there a particular part of Deltacloud you are
> interested in (e.g. do you have a specific use-case? CIMI API? etc) - if
> so we can help guide you to get started with that. There is also the
> community call every Wednesday which you might be interested in joining
> - if there is a particular aspect of Deltacloud you'd like to hear more
> about we can plan the next call around that, see [3]
>
> all the best, marios
>

> [1] https://people.apache.org/committer-index.html
> [2] http://deltacloud.apache.org/getting-sources.html
> [3] http://deltacloud.apache.org/contact.html
>
>> If anyone could help with my queries above, I would be extremely grateful.
>>
>> Yours sincerely,
>> Arvind,
>> Creatrix IT Soft.

Hi Arvind,

One more link that should also be helpful.
http://deltacloud.apache.org/how-to-contribute.html

It describes how to:

  * Send a patch <http://deltacloud.apache.org/send-patch.html>
  * Write a provider driver
    <http://deltacloud.apache.org/write-new-driver.html>
  * Report a bug <http://deltacloud.apache.org/how-to-contribute.html#bug>
  * Propose an idea
    <http://deltacloud.apache.org/how-to-contribute.html#idea>
  * Write documentation
    <http://deltacloud.apache.org/how-to-contribute.html#documentation>
  * Validate contributions using the white box tests
    <http://deltacloud.apache.org/white-box-tests.html>

JoeV