deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From jvlcek <jvl...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Beginner at deltacloud/ruby- how to configure + Deploy DeltaCloud API to work under a domain
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 13:32:00 GMT
On 04/01/2013 09:01 PM, Arvind Creatrix IT Soft wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> OK one final question-- basically does a client (either using API or
> using a client library)- have to provide the correct SSL Certificate
> to the Deltacloud server? Is that the means of authentication?
> And where can I find docs on the PHP and Java client libraries? I saw
> docs on the Ruby client library online.
>
> One more thing- I would like to (in future) contribute to DeltaCloud-
> in that case, can I simply sign and send the Apache License
> Contributors Agreement and send it? Or are some other
> formalities/processes also to be followed?
>

> Yours sincerely,
> Arvind,
> Creatrix IT Soft.
> -----Original Message----- From: Francesco Vollero
> Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:21 AM
> To: dev@deltacloud.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Beginner at deltacloud/ruby- how to configure + Deploy
> DeltaCloud API to work under a domain
>
> Il 4/2/13 2:14 AM, Arvind Creatrix IT Soft ha scritto:
>> Hello again,
>>
>> Is it possible to deploy DeltaCloud as a regular Ruby Web App? Which
>> can be accessed over a single domain name? (Just like a regular web
>> app is)
>>
> Yes of course.
>> What kind of changes will I have to make to DeltaCloud to convert it
>> from the current API server--> API Web App? Will using frameworks
>> like Sinatra/Padrino/Rubyon Rails help?
>>
> Deltacloud itself rely on Sinatra, so you can treat as any other web
> application.
>
> Cheers,
> -FV
>
>> Thanks,
>> Arvind.
>>

>> Yours sincerely,
>> Arvind,
>> Creatrix IT Soft.
>> -----Original Message----- From: Arvind Creatrix IT Soft
>> Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:41 AM
>> To: dev@deltacloud.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Beginner at deltacloud/ruby- how to configure + Deploy
>> DeltaCloud API to work under a domain
>>
>> Hello again
>>
>> OK, the cloud credentials are needed- but how do I prevent abuse of the
>> server running Delta Cloud itself? (for eg meaningless calls to the
>> deltacloud server which have random values for cloud credentials-- these
>> will still cause the server to do some processing, right-- how do I
>> prevent
>> this? Or do you mean that whenever a client library invokes delta
>> cloud-->
>> it has to furnish an SSL certificate? So that only authorised
>> requests are
>> actually processed by the Delta Cloud Server?
>>
>> I found out about Delta Cloud as I was looking for a cross cloud
>> provisioning library-- and Delta Cloud fits the bill because it can be
>> accessed from multiple languages.
>>
>> Yours sincerely,
>> Arvind,
>> Creatrix IT Soft.
>>
>> -----Original Message----- From: Francesco Vollero
> [...]
Hello Arvind,

I'm glad you are interested in contributing to Deltacloud.
You can find documentation on how to contribute on
our web site under:
http://deltacloud.apache.org/how-to-contribute.html

We are currently discussing changing the instructions
for sending a patch but until that is finalized you can
find instructions here:
http://deltacloud.apache.org/send-patch.html

Joe V.