deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From "Koper, Dies" <di...@fast.au.fujitsu.com>
Subject possible values to realm@resource_types
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 08:33:17 GMT
Hi Marios,

About the resource_types you've added for OpenStack, I was wondering
whether/how I could make use of it for fgcp.
At the moment, I'm mapping two fgcp concepts to realms: systems and
networks. The first one is important when creating storage_volumes: a
volume must go into a system. The latter is important when creating
instances: an instance must be placed into a network within a system.
Now I use the id and name to distinguish between the two types, but it
would be nice to have a separate attribute for that.
I proposed a 'scope' attribute last year but didn't receive support for
that.
'resource_types' works for me too.
I'd prefer to align its values to what we have. Is it just 'compute',
'volume' and 'object-store'?
In that case, would you support the reuse of 'compute' realms for fgcp
network segments (to deploy instances to) and 'volume' for fgcp systems
(to deploy volumes to)?

Cheers,
Dies Koper