deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Fojtik <mfoj...@redhat.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache Deltacloud 1.1.1, rc1
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 12:33:49 GMT
I am very pleased to announce the availability of RC1 for Deltacloud
1.1.1. The release candidate is available at
http://people.apache.org/~mfojtik/deltacloud/1.1.1rc1/

Please vote on the release candidate by Saturday 0900 EST (New York, US
East Coast, UTC -5 hours)

KEYS: http://www.apache.org/dist/deltacloud/KEYS

git tag: release-1.1.1-rc1
git repo: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/deltacloud.git or
git://github.com/apache/deltacloud.git

The major change for this release is transition from DataMapper ORM to Sequel.
If you experience any problems with upgrading, please feel free to contact
us.

What's new?

 * Deltacloud
  + API CHANGES
    - Added 'root_type' attribute to Image and HardwareProfile
    - Added the 'resource_types' attribute to Realm model
  + Server
    - Advertise :destroy_image only if backend driver support this operation
    - Added tests for deltacloudd launcher
    - JSON output now include :href attributes (DTACLOUD-418)
    - Fixed bug in JSON output in storage_volumes collection (DTACLOUD-454)
    - Added possiblity to specify an 'username' for 'run on instance' action.
    - Added JSON output for run_on_instance action
    - Don't advertise the 'root_type' if provider does not support
      persistent/transient storage.
 * Drivers:
  + Mock
    - Some buckets hrefs in XML are missing "/" and returned garbled (DTACLOUD-425)
  + EC2
    - Added possiblity to import 'key' (require 'aws' >= 2.7.0) (DTACLOUD-438)
  + Aruba
    - Renamed driver to 'ArubaCloud' (DTACLOUD-444)
    - Fixed in the 'savon' client
  + DigitalOcean
    - New driver (https://www.digitalocean.com/)
    - Added hardware_profiles retrieval from provider
  + FGCP
    - Added support for :instance_count feature (CreateMultipleVServer)
    - Remaped instance error states
  + Rackspace
    - Fixed case when created instances are not returned immediately after
      creation
    - Added compatible hardware_profiles to image (DTACLOUD-439)
  + Openstack
    - Make sure we retain keyname when both authentication_password and
      authentication_key are present in driver (DTACLOUD-421)
    - Added :storage_snapshot support (openstack gem >= 1.0.8 required)
    - Fixed bug when we did base64 encode for :user_data in driver
    - Added :launch_time attribute for instances
    - Map Openstack 'regions' to Deltacloud realms (DTACLOUD-443)
    - Fixed several MRI 1.8.7 compatiblity issues (DTACLOUD-461)
  + Eucalyptus
    - Override the realms method (no vpc/subnets) (DTACLOUD-423)
  + GoGrid
    - Added compatible hardware_profiles to image (DTACLOUD-439)
    - GoGrid VCR fixtures update
  + RHEV-M
    - Advertise the :create_image operation only for STOPPED instances (DTACLOUD-452)
    - Fixed case when using wrong instance_id when performing operation errors
      out (DTACLOUD-457)
 * CIMI
  + Server
   - Datamapper ORM replaced by the Sequel (http://sequel.rubyforge.org/)
   - Added unit-tests for database models
   - Fixed case when the collection is used as value for $select (DTACLOUD-432)
   - Filtering of sub-collections now works using $select (DTACLOUD-431)
   - Fixed missing :href attribute for sub-collections (DTACLOUD-433)
   - Added unit-tests for the $select
   - Fixed case when CIMI database entity is created without properties (DTACLOUD-448)
   - Initial support for $filter parameter
   - Added support for 'initial_state' capability (mock driver) (DTACLOUD-447)
   - Renamed 'test:cimi:models' rake task to 'test:cimi'
   - Fixed case when we set CIMI properties on provider side
   - Improvements in how we handle CIMI::Model vs. DB entity
   - Added support for passing an 'realm' when creating Machine
   - Added 'updated' attribute to all CIMI models
  + Client
   - Added support for NetworkPortConfig and NetworkPortTemplate (DTACLOUD-409)
   - Added support for AddressTemplate and Address (DTACLOUD-409)

Cheers,

-- Michal

[1] https://github.com/apache/deltacloud/blob/master/NEWS

--