deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Fojtik <mfoj...@redhat.com>
Subject CIMI and attribute validation
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:37:34 GMT
Hi,

I'm thinking how we can do a better job in validating the attributes
for CIMI entities when we creating them.

Some attributes are required in CIMI spec, like a 'name' (etc). So I'm
thinking how we can handle this in Deltacloud.

I come up with these possible sulutions:

1. Teach sinatra-rabbit to check the request body for :create operations.
   Then the 'param' method as we do in Deltacloud to check if the required
   attribute is present in the request body. The problem is that I don't
   know how to handle JSON vs XML. The syntax of the 'param' method must be
   smart enough to understand xpath and also the JSON.

   operation :create do
     body_param :name, :xpath => '/MachineTemplateCreate/name', :json => 'name'
   end

2. Add ':required => true' parameter to attributes in the CIMI models and
   then add '.validate(format, body)' method and do all the validation on
   the model level.

   class MachineTemplate
     text :name, :required => true
   end

What you think? Anyone have some better idea/thoughts?

  -- Michal

--
Michal Fojtik <mfojtik@redhat.com>
Deltacloud API, CloudForms