deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From jvlcek <jvl...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: DTACLOUD-379 using Marios's 409 solution.
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 21:36:26 GMT
On 12/11/2012 07:05 PM, David Lutterkort wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-12-11 at 17:27 -0500, jvlcek@redhat.com wrote:
>> DTACLOUD-379 using Marios's 409 solution.
>>
> ACK to this; stylistically, the two patches should be squashed into one,
> since after applying 1/2 triggering this error will cause a server error
> because of a missing template.
>
> Also, the commit message is way too terse; it should contain a sentence
> on what the problem was (RHEV-M does not allow deletion of templates
> that are in use) and what the fix was (propagating the error cleanly)
>
> Related to this: looking at the XML template for image, we generate
> links for 'create_instance' and 'delete_image' unconditionally. That
> probably needs to be changed so we only create links for actions that
> can currently be performed.
>
> David

David,

Regarding the last paragraph in the above email. It's not clear
to me what conditions Deltacloud should be checking prior to
creating the links for image 'create_instance' and 'delete_image'.

I think it's back end specific. I know EC2 allows the deletion of
an in use AMI but RHEVm doesn't.

Can you please explain what you have in mind?

Thanks,
  Joe