deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From "Koper, Dies" <di...@fast.au.fujitsu.com>
Subject RE: api test failures - how to resolve?
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 07:33:17 GMT
Hi Marios,

I've been working on getting the api tests to run on the fgcp.
It's been a good experience as I found some bugs/room for improvement
for the driver.

I have just sent a patch to the ML with changes to both fgcp driver and
tests that address most issues.
Please review.

May I have your feedback on the following:

1. With the fgcp, an instance needs to be started at least once (and
then stopped again) or else you can't create an image of it. So this
test fails. Do you have any suggestion how I can address it? There is no
API to tell whether an instance has been started once.

2. Storage snapshots assume there are snapshots present. I get an error
saying storage_snapshots must have some storage_snapshot elements
inside. I suppose the only way to address this one is to create a volume
and then create a snapshot.

3. Fgcp won't let me create an instance while another resource is being
created. I need to add some waiting logic. I have a patch for that,
which works for fgcp, but I'm not sure it adds inacceptable waiting time
for other drivers. I'll send it separately, as I don't want a NACK for
this one delay an ACK for the first one.

Cheers,
Dies Koper