deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From "Koper, Dies" <di...@fast.au.fujitsu.com>
Subject split of mailing list
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 04:11:11 GMT
I noticed I received 80 e-mails from this mailing list in my Inbox since
Monday.
I'm very glad to see the increased activity!
But I can imagine Deltacloud users will consider that spam, especially
as most e-mails contain patches or tracker notifications. It also makes
it harder to find/follow discussions on functionality.

I'd like to suggest we split up the mailing list according to message
purpose:
1. dev@ for discussions (new functionality, changes to existing
functionality, questions from DC users);
2. patches@ for patches, jira and tracker notifications.

1. will then generally contain threads that are permanently useful to
both us and DC users as reference, while 2. mainly contains messages
that are mostly important in their first few days (until ACK'ed), after
which they only serve as patch review history.

What do you think?

Regards,
Dies Koper