deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Fojtik <mfoj...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: StorageSnapshots and CIMI VolumeImage create
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 10:39:45 GMT
On 01/08, marios@redhat.com wrote:

ACK.

> Patches tracked at http://tracker.deltacloud.org/set/235
>
> Notes:
>
> *** Name/description attributes added to deltacloud storage_snapshot model can be used
where supported (like openstack) and needed for cimi

> *** Create volume_image with:
>
> curl -v --user "mockuser:mockpassword" -H "Content-Type: application/xml" -H "Accept:
application/xml" -X POST -d '<VolumeImage xmlns="http://schemas.dmtf.org/cimi/1"><name>
my_vol_image </name><description> marios first volume image </description><imageLocation
href="http://localhost:3001/cimi/volumes/vol1"/></VolumeImage>' http://localhost:3001/cimi/volume_images

> *** CIMI Spec says that when you create a volume_image from a volume (i.e. with imageLocation
as above) the Volume resource's images collection must be updated to reflect this fact (i.e.
a Volume resource has a subcollection of the volumeImages created from it). Right now we don't
do this - will need to be added. Problem is deltacloud model for storage_volume doesn't have
a notion of [] snapshots. Could we just add another attribute here?

--
Michal Fojtik <mfojtik@redhat.com>
Deltacloud API, CloudForms