deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: split of mailing list
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 00:48:06 GMT
On Thu, 2013-01-10 at 23:44 +1100, Koper, Dies wrote:
> Are you splitting jira and tracker?
> I was thinking of one ML for jira AND tracker and patches, and one (the
> current one) for user and dev discussions. If we can make jira less
> chatty (maybe only notifications of new issues. Or new and fixed?), I'm
> fine with including jira messages in the latter mailing list.

I haven't looked at the breakdown of where mails are coming from, but in
terms of being interesting, I'd rank the traffic as

     1. Dev/user discussions
     2. Patches
     3. JIRA notifications
     4. tracker notifications (though I think they don't go to a list,
        only to individuals)

I'd rather keep the first two on the same list - since we don't have
enough traffic to justify a separate users@ list, most of the discussion
on the list is dev discussion, and in my mind that belongs together with
patch posts/reviews.

I'd prefer if we split the automated mails into a separate list (like
notifications@ ) to which only committers have to subscribe (yes, Dies,
you won't escape all that traffic ;)

David