deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Davis <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject DC's use of CIMI extensions
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 20:37:08 GMT

All,
  CIMI says:  Each resource in the CIMI model has an attribute called
"properties." Consumers, when creating or updating a resource, may store
any name/value pair in the "properties" attribute. CIMI Providers shall
store and return these values to the Consumer. There is no obligation for
the Provider to understand or take any action based on these values; they
are there for the Consumer's convenience. Providers shall not add elements
to this "properties" attribute.

DC returns for /machines:
<Machine><property key="credential">
http://api.deltacloud.org/cimi/credentials</property><property
key="machine_image">http://api.deltacloud.org/cimi/machine_images/img3
http://schemas.dmtf.org/cimi/1/action/restart" href="
http://api.deltacloud.org/cimi/machines/inst19/restart"/><operation rel="
http://schemas.dmtf.org/cimi/1/action/stop" href="
http://api.deltacloud.org/cimi/machines/inst19/stop"/><operation rel="
http://schemas.dmtf.org/cimi/1/action/capture" href="
http://api.deltacloud.org/cimi/machine_images"/><volumes href="
http://api.deltacloud.org/cimi/machines/inst19/volumes"/><disks href="
http://api.deltacloud.org/cimi/machines/inst19/disks"/>
http://api.deltacloud.org/cimi/machines/inst19
machine from templatejson</description><memory>12582912</memory></Machine>

 I think these extensions need to be serialized as top-level attributes on
resources instead of using "properties".

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com