deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From "marios@redhat.com" <mandr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Java REST Client
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 10:07:22 GMT
Hi Dario:

On 20/12/12 11:50, Dario Garcia Gasulla wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm Dario Garcia, a researcher from the Technical University of
> Catalonia (UPC). In a research project we are developing together with
> other partners we are using deltacloud to manage connections to various
> IaaS providers. For this we require a java REST client which can
> automate the requests to deltacloud.

awesome - is there any more info on the project (e.g. do you have a
website somewhere?)?

> I've been looking for Java REST clients, and there is not a single
> library which seems to be particularly appropriate. I also noticed that
> there's a client developed within the deltacloud project:
> https://github.com/apache/deltacloud/tree/master/clients/java
>
> I've already downloaded this client and I'm currently testing it.
> However, any information and help I could get about it would be most useful.
> My question mainly is, what is the state of this client? Which
> functionalities work in the latest version?

wrt to the 'state' - I believe the last anyone worked on this client is
close to 2 years ago (that brave soul was Andre Dietisheim - I cc him
here for any input/pointers he could give if he has the time these days).

So I'm not quite sure what does/doesn't work there. My suggestion for
now is to try it out. For those things that aren't working, file jira
tickets [1] so they can be addressed. Even better, if you are able to
implement the fixes yourself, we will be very happy to help you on your
way (here/irc) ;) - on anything ranging from 'how to make patches' [2]
to 'the layout of the deltacloud code' etc

marios

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DTACLOUD
[2]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cUC96SdQjaE#t=1827s