deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From "marios@redhat.com" <mandr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Adding an error state to the instance state machine
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 08:12:09 GMT
On 20/12/12 05:50, Koper, Dies wrote:
> (How) do we advertise what operations are possible on a machine in the error state?

you can use the existing syntax - i've made 'error' a bona-fide state
now, so you could do something like:

error.to(:finish) .on(:destroy)

for example.

> From the documentation, Fgcp API can return STOP_ERROR when it failed to stop, START_ERROR
when it failed to start and ERROR in other error cases (error during fail-over, creating snapshots,
etc.).

This patch is about the instance entering an error state - not sure if
'STOP_ERROR' for example is the same; do you mean it returns an error
code for instance, or the actual instance goes into the 'stop_error'
state... in which case you could use the deltacloud error state.

marios