deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From "marios@redhat.com" <mandr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Deltacloud CIMI interface
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 14:54:58 GMT
Hi Johannes:

On 30/11/12 15:56, Johannes Watzl wrote:
> Dear all,
> I am approaching you on behalf of Zimory (www.zimory.com), a company in the
> field of cloud computing - cloud middleware. We are currently thinking of
> supporting Deltacloud together with offering CIMI as additional API.
> The following question arised during our discussions: As Deltacloud is
> offering a CIMI interface to the users, would it be possible to expose
> a CIMI interface also on the provider side?

Interesting question; I can't see why not. Right now it doesn't make
sense since there are no CIMI providers out there (that I'm aware of
anyway). But once these appear, I think it would make sense to write a
CIMI driver that can 'talk' CIMI on the deltacloud back-end to any CIMI
enabled cloud providers. That what you meant? What's the use case you
were thinking of?

thanks, marios