deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From "Koper, Dies" <di...@fast.au.fujitsu.com>
Subject api test failures - how to resolve?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:12:26 GMT
Hi,

I've run the API tests on fgcp, i.e. rake test:deltacloud:

166 tests, 1340 assertions, 2 failures, 8 errors, 43 skips

I'd like your suggestions on how to resolve the failures. My goal is to
make changes so that a test run like this shows no failures for fgcp so
that it can be used for easy regression testing.

  1) Failure:
test_0001_must have the "state" element defined for each instance in
collection(Deltacloud API instances collection)
[d:/sources/OSS/cloud/deltacloud/tests/delt
acloud/instances_test.rb:90]:
Expected [] to not be empty.

Fgcp driver requires to make an additional backend call for each
instance in the collection, which caused http timeouts to occur with my
(big) contract.
Therefore, the fgcp driver only includes state when a single instance is
retrieved, not for the whole collection.
I thought that was acceptable, but here it says 'must'?

  2) Error:
test_0012_should allow to snapshot running instance if supported by
provider(Deltacloud API instances collection):
RestClient::ResourceNotFound: 404 Resource Not Found

Fgcp only allows snapshots for stopped instances.

I'll investigate the remaining ones tomorrow.

Regards,
Dies Koper