deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From Xavier Naveira <xavier.nave...@ongame.com>
Subject Re: Deltacloud - VMWare performance
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 07:47:19 GMT
Hi,

I completely understand that you need some extra info, I was just
checking if there was room for improvement on your side.

My application and deltacloud are in the same server, the vsphere server
is another machine but located on the same network segment.

I use different strategies depending on what I want to show. This tool
I'm working on creates a set of 48 machines. When I want to show details
on one machine I access the instance details, I followed the same
strategy when I wanted to show a list with 48 machines but I realized
this was too slow so instead I get the whole list and I filter it
locally on my code. This is slightly faster than getting the details for
the 48 machines one by one but still too slow, we are talking of about
10 secs for listing 48 machines when using the deltaclouds web interface.

Right now I'm thinking of using some AJAX on my app in order to smooth
it a little bit but I'm afraid this won't be enough when the system is
on production and the list I'm getting from vpshere grows to the hundreds.

I haven't compared this response times with querying directly to the
vsphere server (that's why I chose deltacloud in the first place) but
I'll be happy to do it if you can give me some directions on how to do it.

Xavier