deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From Xavier Naveira <xavier.nave...@ongame.com>
Subject Re: VMWare vlan choice
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 06:05:12 GMT
Hi,

In my case I only have one NIC connected to one VLAN per machine, it is
a pretty simple configuration. The problem comes from the quantity of
nodes and vlans, the tool I'm building is supposed to rapidly deploy a
configuration set of 48 machines, every set is connected to its own
VLAN, this is, those 48 machines are all connected to it, and we are
planning to have, at least in the beginning, like 20-30 such sets at any
given time, maybe more in the future. The number of templates I would
need to create and maintain (if I choose to control the vlan the
machines are connected to via having templates for them with that
configuration) grows too much to be viable.

For me, a simple extra parameter when cloning an image or an extra
method that allows me to change the network on an instance should be fine.

Xavier