deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From Xavier Naveira <>
Subject VMWare vlan choice
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 12:12:26 GMT

I was suggested by marios on the irc channel to post my question/feature
request here.

I need to be able to create a number of machines in different vlans via

Until now what I've been doing is to have one VMWare template for every
vlan and then creating machines on that vlan by cloning the
corresponding template.

The problem is that if the number of vlans is elevated the update and
management of the templates becomes complicated.

I would like to be able to specify the destination vlan of the clone
instead so I would only need to have one template. Both specifying the
vlan on instance creation or afterwards would work for me.

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with regarding this

Best regards,

View raw message