deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Dependency questions
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 23:53:01 GMT
On Wed, 2012-10-17 at 15:13 -0400, Ron Wurzberger wrote:
> I am reviewing deltaCloud for possible use. I see that it supports a
> number of products such as vSphere. The dependencies page does not show
> any driver related dependencies. Are the various driver dependencies
> built into deltaCloud already? If not, do you have documentation that
> itemizes those dependencies?

If you are using a released version of Deltacloud, I highly recommend
starting with a packaged release, either a Ruby gem, or a
distro-specific package like the RPM's we build for Fedora. Either of
these will pull in all needed dependencies (well, in the case of gem
installs, you might have to install some system libraries like libxml2
manually)

If you are working with sources, 'bundle install' should pull in
everything that's needed.

Have a look at http://deltacloud.apache.org/install-deltacloud.html and
http://deltacloud.apache.org/getting-sources.html

David