deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Release deltacloud 1.0.4
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 22:16:13 GMT
Hi all,

I am pleased to announce the release of Deltacloud 1.0.4. The release is
available from http://deltacloud.apache.org/download.html It will be
available from rubygems.org in the next day or two.

KEYS: http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/deltacloud/KEYS
git tag: release-1.0.4
git repo: git://github.com/apache/deltacloud.git or
          https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/deltacloud.git

This is a bugfix release. Changes in this release:

  * server: shorten backtraces in logs to make them readable
  * server: report unknown frontend cleanly when starting server (JIRA 331)
  * server: generate docs at /api/docs resp. /cimi/docs
  * server: clean up how we map the various frontends into the server URL space
  * tests: produce nicer output and improve Jenkins integration
  * Drivers
    + Google
      - capture 401 and 409 errors from backend
    + Openstack
      - report 401 when no username is given (JIRA 330)
      - query supported collections from backend; this implies that
        credentials are needed to access /api (JIRA 316)
  * EC2 frontend:
    - accept InstanceId as parameter for DescribeInstances (Oved Ourfali)
    - Start/StopInstance: ensure instance details are returned from all
      drivers, especially RHEV-M (Oved Ourfali)
  * CIMI frontend:
    - use correct CIMI v1.0 namespace in XML (Carlos Goncalves)
    - rename entities to match CIMI v1.0 (e.g. RoutingGroup -> ForwardingGroup)
    - various fixes/enhancements for networking entities (only for mock
      driver so far)
    - fix ordering of attributes in XML responses
    - frontend still not entirely compliant with CIMI 1.0, especially
      embedded collections are not yet handled correctly
  * client
    - make sure we send provider when changing drivers

For a full list of all changes see the NEWS file[1]

David

[1] https://github.com/apache/deltacloud/blob/master/NEWS