deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From samridh srinath <samrid...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Adding billing API support to Deltacloud
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 14:24:56 GMT
Hi David,

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 3:37 AM, David Lutterkort <lutter@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Samridh,
>
> I think that would be a great addition to the DC API. Do you have an
> outline what the billing resources should look like, in particular what
> data and operations they could support ?

I think in terms of operations, as of now clients would only be able to GET
a bill via the billing API.
The bill would be created by the backend cloud provider.
I'm still getting around to what data they would support since the kind of
data returned by ec2 and GoGrid right now are quite different.
I'm trying to find a common model that could cover these providers and
hopefully all future providers also. It would be helpful if I could get
some assistance from existing developers on this end. :)