deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack Driver - Is anyone working on this?
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 20:16:30 GMT
On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 2:33 PM, David Lutterkort <lutter@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Chip,
>
> On Thu, 2012-08-16 at 00:43 -0400, Chip Childers wrote:
>> I'm a member of the CloudStack project team, and was wondering if
>> anyone has begun work on a CloudStack driver for Deltacloud?  David
>> Lutterkort had replied to a tweet of mine 2 weeks ago, noting that
>> this was still an area of opportunity for the project.
>>
>> If someone is working on it, I'd be willing to help.  If not, then I
>> guess you can consider this me stepping in to offer to build it.
>
> No, nobody is working on a CloudStack driver; so we'd very gladly accept
> your offer (and patches ;) I'd love to see a Cloudstack driver. Me and
> the other core contributers will be more than happy to guide you through
> that experience.
>
> Feel free to ask questions about what the driver is supposed to do (I am
> sure you'll have many once you start working on the driver) here or on
> #deltacloud on IRC.
>
> David

It will be slow going at first, as my primary focus is on helping to
get CloudStack to it's first ASF Incubator release.

I think I've got very good example drivers to work off of, and I've
already started to pull together the skeleton.  I'll certainly reach
out as I make progress and hit the usual bumps in the road.

Thanks!

-chip