deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Release frequency
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 04:45:20 GMT
Hi,

Dies reminded me on IRC that I need to say something about our release
plans: to ensure that we don't go for too long without a release, we
want to stick to a fixed schedule for releases; that means we'll cuta
release from HEAD at given times (assuming HEAD is in a releasable
state)

The plan for now, until we all collapse under the frequency of releases;
on the first Monday of every month, we'll have a look at HEAD, to see if
it looks like it would be releasable. Ronelle will then work her magic
to qualify that version against her test bed. If she is happy with it,
we post whatever she qualified as the RC for broader review and put it
up for a vote.

For 1.0.2, it took us roughly a week and a half to get to that point -
clearly, we will only be able to sustain this frequency if we get a lot
better with our ongoing testing.

Just for the record, the next times we'll have a look at HEAD for
release-worthiness (note: that's not release dates) are the first
Mondays of the next few months, i.e., 9/3, 10/1, 11/5 etc.

If you are working on something that you absolutely, positively need to
get in, holler before those dates and we'll discuss.

David