deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Initial support for CIMI minitest (rev 2)
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 18:32:23 GMT
On Thu, 2012-08-02 at 12:24 +0200, Michal Fojtik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The problem is that 'require_relative' is actually a 'rubygem' too,
> and so it require 'rubygems' to be required.
>
> If you put 'require "rubygems"' into spec_helper.rb, then 'spec_helper'
> will need to be loaded by 'load' method to make it work.
>
> I'm more fun of adding "require 'rubygems'" into each test file, in that
> case everything will work and we don't need to pollute RUBYOPT variable.

Yes, of course, you're right; so the standard test file header would be

  require 'rubygems'
  require 'require_relative'
  require_relative './common'

and then chain up to some toplevel test boot file.

> Another option is to execute single test file using:
>
> bundle exec ./tests/cimi/...
>
> Bundler will then take care of loading rubygems and everything runs smoothly.

I'd prefer doing Bundler.setup in some toplevel test helper, but it
would be preferrable to requiring env vars - though I'd much prefer the
boilerplate above for each test file.

David