deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Poor performance with open nebula driver
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 11:59:39 GMT
On Wed, 2012-07-04 at 11:56 +0200, Ruben S. Montero wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do you mean back-porting the verbose option to OpenNebula 3.2? In this
> line, we plan for our short roadmap to include a version API call so
> clients can get the version of the server and adapt themselves to it.
>
> BTW, in OpenNebula.org  we only support the last stable release, and
> encourage people to upgrade. The next stable release (3.6) is scheduled for
> next week. This will make OpenNebula 3.2 two versions behind the last
> stable. So I think we could just update the driver to use verbose mode, and
> throw an exception if the call is not supported.

I meant: what's the patch that should be committed to the Deltacloud
driver for OpenNebula ?

I don't think we should just throw an exception, I'd rather the driver
is smart enough to fall back to the (slow) way of doing things it's
doing now if the ON instance doesn't support the verbose query param.

David