deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Davis <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Using multiple frontends with one instance of Deltacloud
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 16:04:32 GMT
I like it  :-)

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

mfojtik@redhat.com
06/06/2012 11:52 AM
Please respond to
dev@deltacloud.apache.org

cc

Subject
Using multiple frontends with one instance of Deltacloud

Hi guys,

This patch will allow to run multiple frontends that we have (CIMI, EC2)
using the single Deltacloud instance.

Now for every single frontend you need to run a separate instance of
Deltacloud
using different ports. With this patch you should be able to do this:

./bin/deltacloud -i mock -f deltacloud,ec2,cimi

or:

./bin/deltacloud -i mock -f ec2,deltacloud

By default (if -f is not specified) Deltacloud will fallback to Deltacloud
frontend.

WARNING: The default '/' entrypoint is now disabled when using multiple
frontends. Because each frontend has different 'root_url', it's not
possible to
redirect the client to the right 'root_url'.

WARNING2: This stuff is not tested yet. It works for me in most cases, but
can't guarantee that there will be no conflicts between frontends (like
constants and stuff).

  -- Michal