deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Lee <fe...@twgrid.org>
Subject Poor performance with open nebula driver
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 03:29:42 GMT
Dear All,
I am new with deltacloud, for integration requirement, we are evaluating
deltacloud solution.
Here, I don't know if anybody ever reported this issue, however,
recently, I noticed deltacloud is in poor performance with our open
nebula instance.
Usually, our opennebula always runs over 500 VM instances, and while we
use deltacloud to query instances, it will take pretty long time to get
all results.

Here are some examples:

With "deltacloudc instances" command:

real    20m19.293s
user    0m7.842s
sys     0m0.681s

With curl to deltacloud rest api "/api/instances":
real    4m35.891s
user    0m0.002s
sys     0m0.005s

With curl to opennebula OCCI interface "/compute" directly via the same
host:
real    0m1.249s
user    0m0.001s
sys     0m0.006s

It seems to me that the REXML will be the performance bottleneck in
opennebula_driver, so, would you consider to replace it by another one?

BTW, I am using following deltacloud version:
deltacloud-client (0.5.0)
deltacloud-core (1.0.0)

And my ruby version is 1.9.3p194.
OS is Scientific Linux 5.8 with 2.6.18-308.8.2.el5 kernel.

Best regards,
Felix Lee ~
--
Felix Lee                               Academia Sinica Grid & Cloud.
Tel: +886-2-27898308