deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject [VOTE] release deltacloud 1.0.0, rc1
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 19:54:38 GMT
Hi all,

I am pleased to announce the RC1 for Deltacloud 1.0.0. The rc is at
http://people.apache.org/~lutter/deltacloud/1.0.0/rc1/

Please vote on the release candidate by Tuesday, 2012-06-19 17:00 CEST

KEYS: http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/deltacloud/KEYS
git tag: release-1.0.0-rc1
git repo: git://github.com/apache/deltacloud.git or
          https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/deltacloud.git

There are numerous highlights in this release; I'll try and touch upon
the most important ones:

      * This is Deltacloud 1.0.0; yay. This would have never happened
        without the tireless work of some folks: Michal Fojtik and
        Marios Andreou who wrote a ton of code and fixed even more bugs,
        Ronelle Landy and Ramesh Ananda who made sure those bugs were
        found and accounted for, Dies Koeper who write a driver for the
        Fujitsu Global Cloud Platform, and many others who helped
        improve Deltacloud in many ways
      * Deltacloud now has a EC2 frontend, next to the 'classic' and
        CIMI frontends
      * Deltacloud uses sinatra-rabbit for RESTful routing, and is a
        modular Sinatra app now
      * Things seem to be working on Windows, and with Ruby 1.9
      * All frontends can be run from one server, making deployment much
        easier
      * Error reporting has been greatly improved

For a full list of all changes see the NEWS file[1]

David

[1] https://github.com/apache/deltacloud/blob/master/NEWS