deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From "Koper, Dies" <di...@fast.au.fujitsu.com>
Subject RE: deltacloud-server with ec2
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 01:01:47 GMT
> I think the help text is correct (and it's exactly what thin says for
> the equivalent option)

For a person who knows how a web server works and starting the DeltaCloud API server is equivalent
to starting a web server, it is a fine message.
For a person who just wants to operate their remote VMs, it can be confusing.
If the -r option was hidden somewhere in an advanced section, fine, but it's published in
the help option of the DeltaCloud server, so I think its description should be directed at
DeltaCloud users instead of web server operators.

+1 on the improvement of the error message, but it would probably not have helped in the OP's
case.

Regards,
Dies Koper