deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: test framework
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 19:04:56 GMT
On Mon, 2012-05-14 at 16:25 +1000, Koper, Dies wrote:
> Hi Michal, Marios,
>
> You mentioned the migration of Cucumber and VCR tests to something new
> (minitests?).

The test framework is minitest[1] (see [2] for a quick overview) - it's
in the stdlib for Ruby 1.9, and combines the features of a handful of
the most popular Ruby test frameworks.

It won't change whether we use VCR or not; as for cucumber, I am
somewhat on the fence whether we should continue using it, or should
just switch to straightup specs for the API, too.

> I'm writing a test plan for the FGCP driver and getting someone to test
> it. It'll include both UAT (does enough of the API work with the FGCP to
> consider it usable) and CT (all variations of all possible variables and
> states should give expected results).
>
> Especially the latter is something that should be part of (FGCP
> driver's) automated test set.
> How far away is the migration of tests to the new framework, so we write
> these tests with the new framework from the start?

There's a lot in motion with the modular branch - I want to wait for
that to be settled before we embark on rewriting tests. For new tests,
it's probably best if you write them using minitest; it shouldn't
collide with anything we're doing right now.

David

[1] https://github.com/seattlerb/minitest
[2] http://www.bootspring.com/2010/09/22/minitest-rubys-test-framework/