deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From Mo Morsi <mmo...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Deltacloud OS capabilities
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:02:29 GMT
On 04/23/2012 04:06 PM, Brofft, Chris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I came across Deltacloud as a potential tool to use for managing multiple cloud providers.
 I had a question however, does Deltacloud allow for management of multiple clouds in different
OS's? For instance if I had an Amazon EC2 instance in Linux and a Rackspace instance in Windows
would this be supported?

> Thanks,
> Chris Brofft

Absolutely, from Deltacloud's perspective these are just instances which
can be controlled in the same open and consistent manner via the
Deltacloud API and tooling [1].

Furthermore, as part of the overall Aeolus project [2] (deltacloud's
umbrella parent project), we support creating images of these OS's for
use by these cloud providers both from scratch [3] as well as from an
existing instance running on the cloud [4]

If you have any questions regarding the specifics of using Deltacloud /
Aeolus, feel free to reply here or join us anytime on #aeolus on
irc.freenode.net

  -Mo

[1] http://deltacloud.apache.org/download.html

[2] http://aeolusproject.org/