deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Clift <jcl...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: sitemap - basic structure
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 15:13:34 GMT
On 28/02/2012, at 8:15 AM, Justin Clift wrote:
> On 25/02/2012, at 12:26 PM, David Lutterkort wrote:
> <snip>
>> Thanks for doing this; besides content changes, there's also a dire
>> technical need for the site: it's still generated with webby[1], even
>> though that's not being developed any more[2], and should really be
>> ported to nanoc[3]
>>
>> Comments on your proposal below,
>> David
>>
>> [1] http://webby.rubyforge.org/
>> [2] http://groups.google.com/group/webby-forum/browse_thread/thread/41362c82c63f5276
>> [3] http://nanoc.stoneship.org/
>
> Converting to nanoc probably won't be *too* difficult.  I've done this
> for the Aeolus site, and the hardest part was getting nanoc to match
> the webby output directory structure.
>
> Since the Deltacloud site is being redone, matching the webby output
> structure probably doesn't matter. :)
>
> If someone needs basic "get it running" type of assistance, I can
> probably help.

This *might* be helpful:

  https://github.com/justinclift/deltacloud-website

It's a copy of the Deltacloud svn website as it stands, with
an initial conversion to nanoc.

Not being a Ruby programmer though, I don't really get how the
"render" thing works.  So I've commented those out, and moved
the "_foo.haml" partial files to a new dir called "no_idea".

Won't be spending any more time on it myself, but hoping it's
useful for Dagmar.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift