deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Provazník <jprov...@redhat.com>
Subject hwp max memory value for vshpere driver
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 15:38:40 GMT
Hi,
vshpere driver computes max memory value from effective memory (see
http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/vc-sdk/visdk41pubs/ApiReference/vim.ComputeResource.Summary.html#effectiveMemory),

effectiveMemory value can change in time.

Problem is that conductor fetches hw profiles only once when an account
is created and uses these cached profiles in future (IOW conductor
doesn't fetch hwprofile before each instance launch).

see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DTACLOUD-123 for more details.

So I thought it would be... acceptable to compute max value in memory
range from totalMemory. I understand the argument that then this value
is incorrect too because if other instances are running, total memory
will not be available too.

Other option is to extend DC API to return additional totalMemory but
this means more changes on conductor side (difficult for 1.0 release).

Any ideas or suggestions?

Jan