deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From André Dietisheim <andre.dietish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <Query>Want to contribute to delta cloud
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 16:09:26 GMT
On 01/05/2012 02:34 AM, David Lutterkort wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-01-04 at 10:55 -0500, Ashish Agarwal wrote:
>> I am more of a Java person... DeltaCloud being in Ruby, do you guys think I
>> can contribute to its development in any way ?
> In addition to what everybody else said: there is a Java client in
> clients/java/ that could use _a lot_ of TLC.

yes, indeed. I made that client about 1 year ago when JBoss Tools built
tooling for DC. Since then priorities switched and we now (unfortunately
for DC) focus on OpenShift. In other terms the DC java client did not
follow up with the features in DC since then.

> (Like: I have no idea if
> that code even builds right now)

Afaik there was no activity on it since then, so I see no reason it
should not build. There are plenty of integration tests in it. Checking
if it still works against the latest DC should be a no-brainer.

Of course it would be great it you could give it some love :)