deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From Mo Morsi <mmo...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: <Query>Want to contribute to delta cloud
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 21:56:05 GMT
On 01/04/2012 10:55 AM, Ashish Agarwal wrote:
> Hi All,
> Recently I heard about delta cloud (Platform independent cloud API) project
> from Apache. I want to actively contribute to its development.
>
> I am more of a Java person... DeltaCloud being in Ruby, do you guys think I
> can contribute to its development in any way ?
> Also I come with some SalesForce.com background.. may be that can help.
>
> let me know.

If you're familiar w/ Java and are interested in getting you feet wet w/
testing / playing around w/ the Aeolus components, perhaps you can try
running them via JRuby/Jython

Both the JRuby interpreter and all the aeolus components are in Fedora,
so it should be as simple as running

   $ sudo yum install jruby jython aeolus-all
   $ sudo aeolus-configure

Then playing around w/ the various init scripts in /etc/init.d to
configure the various services to get them to run against JRuby/Jython.
I'm not sure about the nuances about doing this, but supposedly these
Java based ruby interpreters are fairly complete as far as supporting
the various language features.

The Aeolus components include:
deltacloud
imagefactory
iwhd
oz
conductor

Of course there is plenty more to do, including coding, debugging,
documentation, and just general feedback, eg sharing with us your
feedback and how things can be improved! Thanks for the interest!

   -Mo