deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Blob metadata updates
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 18:00:55 GMT
On Wed, 2011-08-17 at 11:20 -0400, Chris Lalancette wrote:
> All,
>     It seems to me that blob metadata updates aren't quite working in 0.4.0.
> It looks like BlobHelper::extract_blob_metadata_hash is being fed request.env
> directly, but I don't think that is right.  If your client does a POST with
> form parameters like:
>
> HTTP-X-Deltacloud-Blobmeta-name=myname
>
> Then those parameters are actually available in
> request.env['rack.request.query_hash'].  The attached patch makes that change
> and seems to fix it in my tests.  However, it is also possible that my
> libdeltacloud client is doing the wrong thing here.  Thoughts?

It's a little confusing since we also take the metadata params as
request params - but that is only there to support the HTML UI, and only
done for POST.

The intended way to pass metadata is by using request headers, i.e. for
each key/value pair have a header

That's also how they are reported back (as response headers)

David