deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Fojtik <mfoj...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [DTACLOUD-16] Allow listing all EC2 images
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 13:33:09 GMT
On 08/02/11 17:25 -0800, David Lutterkort wrote:
>On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 11:06 +0100, mfojtik@redhat.com wrote:
>> This patch will simply allow you to list *all* Amazon images,
>> using ?owner_id=all parameter.
>
>I don't really like having this special param value - we should return
>all images when no owner_id or other criteria are specified. That's what
>all the other drivers do.

Yes, but we must also consider returning all images, since they are so many
(6700).
But anyway, I'm OK with returning all images and I can rework this patch to
work like that.

>As to the timeout, we are really suffering from a lack of streaming for
>long-running requests; for now, bumping the timeout is the best we can
>do.

Yes, that's right. I'll spend some time to look if there is something we
can use for streaming to client directly.
But I think it will be very hard to do, since we need to produce XML (which
mean render HAML template with collection). Anyway I'll put this into
backlog.

   -- Michal

Michal Fojtik, mfojtik@redhat.com
Deltacloud API: http://deltacloud.org