deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From Andersen Max <max.ander...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse tooling for Delta Cloud
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 12:09:57 GMT
>> Let us know what you think and as always we are very open for for
>> feedback/contributions.
>
> Do you bundle the deltacloud server within Eclipse ? Since there aren't
> any public instances (that I know of), users will have to run their own.

For now we assume users connect to an external deltacloud running locally or remotely.

from what I understand deltacloud today requires native components thus I didn't
even consider bundling it because of the many environments we would have to test/verify it
in.

If deltacloud could run in a pure JRuby setup it might be worth considering...but for
now its external.

Another idea would be if something like jcloud would provide a deltacloud api implementation;
that would probably fit better/easier into a portable java setup. WDYT?

>> p.s. big kudos for Jeff J. to make this happen at the same time as the
>> deltacloud API kept changing ;)
>
> Ugh .. sorry about that. Which parts of the API exactly are you using ?
> From the screenshots, it looks like you're definitely using images,
> instances and keypairs; anything else ?

I'll let Jeff answer that ;)

> And what would you like to see added to the API to make your life easier
> and the Eclipse integration more powerful ? What are you using as the
> client library in Java, or are you doing straightup REST in your code ?

I believe Jeff took the existing Java client library and "mutated" it to be compatible with
the recent changes.

I know there are some issues with that library in context of osgi/eclipse environments so
we might
have some changes for that going forward.

/max