db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Helge Weissig <hel...@grajagan.org>
Subject 3.3.1 to 4.0 migration
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 16:51:34 GMT
Our code base is heavily invested in some of the functionality removed from torque 4.0 and
I was wondering if any one had some advice on a migration path:

We make extensive use of village records obtained via BasePeer.doSelect(Criteria), for example.
Those results could probably be considered a view of the data and I am wondering if that would
be the correct/recommended/best approach.
We have added our own caching implementation (configurable via the schema definition) to the
Object.vm and Peer.vm templates. I have read through the new generator documentation and the
customization part of the OR Mapping Reference (https://db.apache.org/torque/torque-4.0/documentation/orm-reference/customizing-generation.html
<https://db.apache.org/torque/torque-4.0/documentation/orm-reference/customizing-generation.html>)
but I don’t seem to be able to find the relevant information to put it all together. Basically,
I would like to override one or more templates. I think I know how to specify that in an outlet,
but do I also need the control configuration in the conf directory? The maven plugin (we use
maven) has configuration parameters for overrideConfigDir and overrideConfigPackage… do
I need to set those?
This is more of a maven question, maybe, alas I have the feeling it isn’t actually possible
to implement through it, but is there a way to skip the code generation steps if the schema
sources have not changed?
I know how to configure logging for the generator, but the switch between loglevel WARN and
INFO is quite severe. Is there a way to log at INFO level but only to a file, not to the console?
We use log4j throughout our project.

Thanks very much in advance for any advice and pointers!

cheers,
h.

Helge Weissig, Ph.D.
Director, Bioinformatics & IT