db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Helge Weissig <hel...@grajagan.org>
Subject Re: 3.3.1 to 4.0 migration
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 19:27:17 GMT
I forgot about the HTML filter this group uses… pardon the crappy formatting. Here is a text-only
version:

Our code base is heavily invested in some of the functionality removed from torque 4.0 and
I was wondering if any one had some advice on a migration path:

	1. We make extensive use of village records obtained via BasePeer.doSelect(Criteria), for
example. Those results could probably be considered a view of the data and I am wondering
if that would be the correct/recommended/best approach.

	2. We have added our own caching implementation (configurable via the schema definition)
to the Object.vm and Peer.vm templates. I have read through the new generator documentation
and the customization part of the OR Mapping Reference (https://db.apache.org/torque/torque-4.0/documentation/orm-reference/customizing-generation.html)
but I don’t seem to be able to find the relevant information to put it all together. Basically,
I would like to override one or more templates. I think I know how to specify that in an outlet,
but do I also need the control configuration in the conf directory? The maven plugin (we use
maven) has configuration parameters for overrideConfigDir and overrideConfigPackage… do
I need to set those?

	3. This is more of a maven question, maybe, alas I have the feeling it isn’t actually possible
to implement through it, but is there a way to skip the code generation steps if the schema
sources have not changed?

	4. I know how to configure logging for the generator, but the switch between loglevel WARN
and INFO is quite severe. Is there a way to log at INFO level but only to a file, not to the
console? We use log4j throughout our project.

Thanks very much in advance for any advice and pointers!

cheers,
h.