db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fox <thomas....@seitenbau.com>
Subject Re: 3.3 to 4.0 migration
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2014 19:56:29 GMT
Youngho Cho wrote:

> For the 4.0 generator usage,
>
> In my 3.3 schema xml
>
> I use database/baseClass like
>
> <database name="@DATABASE_PROP_NAME@"
>   baseClass="com.nannet.jettiger.om.AbstractCache"
>  defaultJavaType="object">
>
> and in the AbstractCache class, I put common function for all generated class.
>
> In order to migrate to torque4, how to be a change ?

Hi Youngho,

As far as I found you have different options
- set the torque.om.dbObjectDefaultBaseClass generator option
- set the baseClass attribute on the database element in the schema
- set the baseClass attribute on the table element in the schema

So your old method should still work.

   Hope that helps,

          Thomas

> Hello Youngho

>> The Generator looks like different
>
> Yes it is new-written and now better extensible. But if you have not changed the templates
this should not bother you. If you have changed the templates, you can now specifically overwrite
specific templates, no need to copy the whole tree.

>> Is there any plan to migrate JCS from 1.3.x to 2.x for torque4 ?
>
> Currently there is no plan I am aware of.  But I am working on 4.1 currently, if you
feel this would be an improvement please add a feature request to the torque issue tracker.