db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fox <Thomas....@seitenbau.com>
Subject Re: Generating schema.xml
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 06:56:32 GMT
> thanks, I found introduction how to generate from jdbc later on
> http://db.apache.org/torque/torque-4.0/documentation/orm-reference/
> running-the-generator.html

I also fixed the docs for the next release so that the information can also
be found on documentation/orm-reference/defining-the-schema.html
(which is where I'd expect the users to look)

> Running generator I get
> [ERROR]
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>    at

org.apache.torque.generator.source.jdbc.JdbcMetadataSource.createRootElement

> (JdbcMetadataSource.java:215)
>    at org.apache.torque.generator.source.SourceImpl.getRootElement
> (SourceImpl.java:48)
>    at
> org.apache.torque.generator.control.Controller.processSourceInOutput
> (Controller.java:256)
>
>  Changed log level to "debug" made clear that some tables have been
> processed, and that error occures for specific table.
>
> Since I do not need all table available in the specified db scheme, I
> have a question how to specify a set of tables for which generation
> should be done?
> Or the generation is done always for whole scheme, that is for all
> tables defined in this scheme?

Currently, it is not possible to run the schema generation for specific
tables only.
However, I have fixed the NullPointerException in the trunk (it was thrown
when an unknown datatype was encountered)
So if you want you can check out the current trunk, build and install it
and then try again withj the 4.1-SNAPSHOT maven plugin.

    Thomas

> 2013/9/12 Thomas Fox <Thomas.Fox@seitenbau.com>
> >
> > > is there a way to generate schema.xml from existing db schema (this
woulb
> > > be prefered way) or from existing POJOs (entities)?
> >
> > Yes.
> > For maven, fgenerate the schema from the database using jdbc metadata
by:

> >       <plugin>
> >         <groupId>org.apache.torque</groupId>
> >         <artifactId>torque-maven-plugin</artifactId>
> >         <version>4.0</version>
> >         <executions>
> >           <execution>
> >             <id>generate-schema-from-jdbc</id>
> >             <phase>generate-resources</phase>
> >             <goals>
> >               <goal>generate</goal>
> >             </goals>
> >             <configuration>
> >               <packaging>classpath</packaging>
> >
> > <configPackage>org.apache.torque.templates.jdbc2schema</configPackage>

<defaultOutputDir>target/generated-schema</defaultOutputDir>