db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Helge Weissig <hel...@grajagan.org>
Subject Re: foreign keys, complexDataModel, and external schemas
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 02:51:09 GMT
It would help if my links actually hadn't been stripped :(

Here they are:

project on github: https://github.com/helgew/Torque-Schema-Test
schema files: https://github.com/helgew/Torque-Schema-Test/tree/master/src/main/torque/schema
generated base classes: https://github.com/helgew/Torque-Schema-Test/tree/master/target/generated-sources/torque/org/grajagan
getTblLinkInts() in BaseTbl3: https://github.com/helgew/Torque-Schema-Test/blob/master/target/generated-sources/torque/org/grajagan/BaseTbl3.java#L168

cheers,
h.

On Feb 28, 2012, at 6:47 PM, Helge Weissig wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	I just ran into what may be a feature or a bug... trying to find out which: When I define
a table in schema1.xml and another two, including a  link table for a many-to-many relationship
in schema2.xml, where schema2.xml includes schema1.xml as an external schema, torque will
not generated the getter methods for the foreign keys.

> To illustrate, I have created a github project. As you will see, there are two schema
files: first-schema.xml and second-schema.xml which includes the first. The generated base
classes for tbl1 and tbl3 differ in that BaseTbl3 has the getter methods for the link table
tbl_link_int (e.g. getTblLinkInts()), whereas BaseTbl1 does not.

> I think it would be a very useful feature to be able to split a large schema into several
sub-schema files and not lose the ability to generate these setters! Maybe I am doing something
wrong though!?