db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Helge Weissig <hel...@grajagan.org>
Subject foreign keys, complexDataModel, and external schemas
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 02:47:05 GMT
Hi,

	I just ran into what may be a feature or a bug... trying to find out which: When I define
a table in schema1.xml and another two, including a  link table for a many-to-many relationship
in schema2.xml, where schema2.xml includes schema1.xml as an external schema, torque will
not generated the getter methods for the foreign keys.

To illustrate, I have created a github project. As you will see, there are two schema files:
first-schema.xml and second-schema.xml which includes the first. The generated base classes
for tbl1 and tbl3 differ in that BaseTbl3 has the getter methods for the link table tbl_link_int
(e.g. getTblLinkInts()), whereas BaseTbl1 does not.

I think it would be a very useful feature to be able to split a large schema into several
sub-schema files and not lose the ability to generate these setters! Maybe I am doing something
wrong though!?

Any input would be appreciated.

cheers,
h.